Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Unit 8

Review the exercises and practice sessions you have completed in this course. (Loving Kindness, Subtle mind, Visualization, meditation etc.) Choose two practices that you have determined to be most beneficial. How can you implement these practices in your personal life to foster “mental fitness”? Provide specific examples.

I have enjoyed all of the exercises in this course. Subtle mind and Visualization proved to be a bit difficult for me. I really enjoyed Loving Kindness and Meditation though. I know I will continue with meditation daily as it was the most beneficial for me. I would like to be able to meditate on the day before even getting out of bed. I would also like to be able to meditate before getting so stressed out about something. Instead of getting myself all worked up, I would like to meditate and get it taken care of before that happens. 

1 comment:

  1. Meditation and self-hypnosis seem difficult at first, because it is something new. As with anything new, the more we do it, the easier it become, because a portion of it become unconscious. First, we have to do it consciously, because as with any behavior one has to develop a framework for that behavior. I have been using meditation and self-hypnosis for almost 10 years now. I can tell you from experience that after a while you can almost just simply think about doing it and you are off into another world. It is like when you get a new job, but after a month or so you are able to do it with very little thought. Remember at one point in time just walking was a complicated task and now you can do it along with many other tasks at the same time. The same is true with about everything else.

    ReplyDelete