Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Unit 5


  1. Our assignment this week was to practice the Subtle Mind exercise which helps to tame the busy mind. The Loving Kindness exercise had us thinking about others, this exercise was focused on us and our minds. This exercise was a lot of work for me. I am a person that goes 100 miles an hour all day long and so does my brain. I had to keep going back to my breaths and saying "focus on your breath, focus on your breath" in my head. Hopefully after a few days, I will not need to do this anymore. After I was finished with the exercise, I did feel more relaxed and like my head was not as jumbled. This will take some work for sure, but I am excited to see the progress.
  2. I think spiritual wellness is very important in our lives. I see it as giving all our worries and fears up to someone else that has more power than us. When our mind is not consumed with things (worries, fears, stress) we can focus on things we enjoy. Our minds and bodies also feel a release of tension, pain, stress. I begin my morning in prayer, I thank God for my children, our health, our blessings and ask for guidance in other areas that I am struggling it. My mind is then clear of all of the things that I cannot control, I gave it all away. When I am stressed, I take a minute and pray about my situation, I then take a minute to pray for others that have it so much worse than me. It really helps to put things in perspective and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment