Monday, July 28, 2014

Unit 4


  1. Our assignment this week was to listen to an exercise on Love and Kindness and describe our experience. I found this exercise to be very beneficial, though difficult. It was hard to turn off all of the outside thoughts and feelings and focus on the experience. I though it was beneficial, because it was getting us to stop focusing on ourselves and think about others. I would recommend this to others, especially those going through a tough time. It helps to put life into perspective in your life. 
  2. Mental workouts are to get our brains thinking about a certain topic, teaching them to stay focused on a single topic instead of all the wandering thoughts that full our brains all day long. Meditation helps to foster psychological health.

1 comment:

  1. Brittany,
    Boy am I glad you thought this exercise was difficult! I couldn't do it at all. I just could not shut my brain off. While I was thinking of 'others', my mind was still bouncing around and going off on tangents!

    Best,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete